There are 5 types of fear
3. 14 missed calls from mom
4. Username or password is incorrect
5. “We need to talk”
|—||Mary Kate Teske (via onlinecounsellingcollege)|
Things people don’t get to choose:
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender Identity
- Mental Illnesses
Things people do get to choose
- To be an ignorant bitch-faced asshole to people because of things they have no control over
*cisdude voice* damn….are wolves better than me? *sees wolf walk by with 20 girlfriends* FUCK
'Cisdude' - pretty much as offensive as 'tranny'. Knock it off.
sounds to me like someone just saw a wolf walk by with 20 girlfriends
hyenas, terrifying and excellently organized predators of the savannah
also surprisingly docile and like neck scritches and have a tail chasing compulsion
if you don’t think hyenas are great then you’re objectively wrong
Aaaahhh, I love hyenas. :D
Hyenas: Always getting a bad rap because lions are jerks. Lions actually steal from hyenas most of the time because hyenas are the better predators — but they’re also very skittish when faced with a giant pride of cats. Adorable babies!
Okay, lemme tell you about spotted hyenas, aka the BAMFiest BAMFs in the animal kingdom.
- Their societies are entirely female-dominated. Female hyenas are larger and stronger than males and have higher social status in clan hierarchy - even the lowest-ranking female in a hyena clan is higher up the social ladder than the highest-ranking male. They’re basically the Amazons of the animal world. The females even have false penis-like appendages (which are essentially large clitorises), which led the ancient Greeks to think that hyenas were hermaphrodites. Because fuck your narrow human perceptions of sex and gender roles, that’s why.
- They are considered the dominant predators of the African savannah, despite not being the largest or strongest, because they are the most successful hunters. Their hunting success rate is estimated to be about 70-80%, meaning that they catch about 70-80% of prey they pursue - a freakishly high statistic (to compare, the success rate of lions and wolves is about 20-30%). They also scavenge much less than lions do, as whowasntthere said, and are incredibly adaptable and opportunistic predators, meaning that they are also the most common and widespread of the large African carnivores. That’s not too bad for an animal typecast as a lazy scavenger.
- Their jaws are some of the strongest in the animal kingdom, stronger than those of lions, tigers, wolves or perhaps bears, and can crush elephant and giraffe bones; hyenas are also able to digest all bone matter. Don’t tell me that’s not metal as fuck.
- Despite looking like dogs, they are not part of the dog family and are actually more closely related to cats. Because fuck your logic. Nature does what it wants.
- They are incredibly intelligent. They are easily as intelligent as primates and some scientists claim that their intelligence may even rival that of the great apes, which would make them among the most intelligent animals in the world. Hyenas even outperform chimpanzees on some tests, which is pretty damn awesome, considering that chimpanzees are our closest relatives and all.
So yeah, basically hyenas are awesome and badass as well as truly fascinating animals and if you don’t have at least a bit of respect for them you’re wrong.
(The Hyaenidae family’s closest relatives are actually viverrids and herpestids—civets and mongoose. Felines are still closer relatives than canines, though.)
Thorin may have been pretty messed up in the head by that point but at least the dwarves of Erebor thought to BUILD A FRONT DOOR
#okay#so in one little exchange#edmund shuts down miraz’s attempt to patronize him#corrects his knowledge#states that he is king and thus miraz’s equal#makes a witty joke about his title of the Just that sails right over miraz’s head#humbly affirms peter’s higher authority#and finishes off by making miraz look like an idiot#in under a minute he reverses and takes control of the entire discussion#as easily and casually as if he’s having a chat with reepicheep#lewis says that he was the diplomat-king#and my headcanon is that he was head of narnian espionage as well#because look at this boy#how he dances with words#how he masters men three times his age#and tell me he wouldn’t be absolutely LETHAL
One of my fav moments in the new Narnia movies.
I forgot how much of Prince Caspian is the two male leads charging forward on banners of PRIDE! HONOR! TESTOSTERONE! and then backpedaling nearly twice as fast I FUCKED UP I FUCKED UP I FUCKED UP
ENDLESS LIST OF FAVOURITE PAIRINGS // Heiji Hattori & Kazuha Toyama
↳ ”Trust me, Kazuha. I meant it when I said my last words were for you. Again and again, I almost said it. Everytime I felt you tremble against my back." | “If we survive this, will you tell me what you were going to say?" — “Sure, until you’re tired of it.”
True love is digging your elbow into your BF’s gunshot wound.