doctor who: moffat era + the worst muse
i honestly love this more than anything in the world
i thought this was a joke but i googled it and it’s real
oh my god
there’s all this white space suddenly showing up under single picture posts??? like this
is this happening to anyone else?
YES! IT IS! IT’S SUPER FUCKING ANNOYING!
I thought I was the only one this was happening to! But I think I found a way to fix it. Go to settings>dashboard>enable full size photos.
The first full trailer for Dai Gyakuten Saiban is here! Subs will be added shortly.
Subs have now been added! (Turn on annotations.) For those who can’t see annotations, a transcript after the jump:
I think the question on everybody’s mind here is
how the fuck are they going to translate this
"No matter how bad you fuck up at work, you didn’t fucked up this bad"
History told by Tumblr
Reforged (6945 words) by kattybats
Fandom: The Hobbit - All Media Types, The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Characters: Fíli, Kíli, Bilbo Baggins, Thorin Oakenshield, Dís
Additional Tags: Alchemy, Loss of Limbs, Self-Sacrifice, Angst, Prosthetics, Dwarf Culture & Customs, Forbidden Magic, Prejudice
Bilbo Baggins found Thorin Oakenshield’s nephew to be very… odd. If he were to be quite honest with himself, he would discover that he actually found Kili to be so far as strange, and really quite fearful. “Does he really never take that armor off?” he asked Bofur while the prince was off watching the ponies.
(In which Fili is missing an arm and a leg and Kili is a suit of armor. Or, a Fullmetal Alchemist AU.)
iT GOT BETTER
1) White-knuckled death-grip on the bow. Relax. It’s not going to wander off on its own.
2) Distracted by something just off to the right of the target, probably the camera operator. Unconventional draw - it’s more common to have all three fingers under the nock when shooting barebow. Otherwise not bad.
3) Leaning away from the target. Also, that arrow is a good four inches too long for your arm and you are drawing too far in order to compensate (which I guess might be because both bow and arrow were made for someone taller; I haven’t seen this film)
4) No. Even assuming we forget about the fact that you’re holding the bow at a stupid angle, you have managed to get your hair and your sleeve in the way of the string. Plus, you are ducking your head to look down the arrow rather than bringing the nock up against your head.
5) Again, no. Even ignoring the angle, your arrow is upside down, so you are going to shear the cock feather off on the bow.
6) STOP HOLDING YOUR BOW AT AN ANGLE OR SO HELP ME I’M GOING TO COME DOWN THERE AND FEED IT TO YOU. Also your posture is, in a word, dismal.
7) Your draw is frankly bizarre, your anchor point doesn’t actually seem to be touching your face, but more to the point that bow is designed to be held in your other hand. Your magical arrow is going to end up gloriously smiting the far wall.
8) Go home you’re drunk. Let’s pretend for a moment that you only have one arrow. In which case, you are still anchoring against thin air.
9) …but you’re doing better than this guy, who has his anchor point against his right nipple. Magic arrow or not, how are you planning to aim, exactly?
10) Actually pretty good, at least by comparison to the clown college further up the page. Anchor point is too low for barebow and too far out for freestyle, but not drastically so, I was shooting like that a week ago and I still managed to hit things.
11) I would dearly love to know what you think you’re doing with that left hand. Pointing at the target will not help. Also, you’re leaning backwards, but that might just be the camera’s fault
12) Ok, at first I thought this was terrible - arrow on the wrong side of the bow, draw too far back, very peculiar grip with the right hand - then I did a bit more reading and concluded that actually, the fox is using a Mongolian draw. It’s certainly unconventional, but then, he IS a fox. Maybe it works well for him.
In summary, #2, #10, and #12 have got it. #1, #3, and #11 have at least wounded it. The others have got an innocent bystander.
This is too much power for one tumblr user to have.
There are all these fairy tales on earth.
Think about them for a moment.
Think about fairy mounds, which lead to other worlds, and the homes of fairies which are bigger on the inside; think about how all the stories say if you’re kind to these odd, strange beings and treat them well, you’ll find fortune, but if you’re cruel and greedy, they’ll punish you something fierce. They can be fierce and bloody and awful, but they can be funny and helpful and make merry just the same. Mischief is their bedmate and strange things happen when they’re about.
And sometimes they’ll take someone away - and oh, the fantastic places they see, the beautiful cities and faraway lands - but then they return them years and years later, sometimes long after their loved ones have grown old and died. Other times, the poor unwary soul will be returned the moment they left and think it a dream, left with nothing but pockets full of flowers.
They’re aloof and weird and terribly clever, with weaknesses to certain things that humans can handle just fine, and operate by a code of some sort, though what that is can be nebulous at best.
oh for the love of…
I’m so here for this.